Victorian illustration to download showing men, women and children at a museum built in the Victorian Gothic style. They examine the artefacts which are arranged in glass cases and cabinets. Arrangements of weapons hang on the walls. This was the Blackmore Museum, Salisbury, which opened in 1867 to house the collections of prehistoric artefacts belonging to William Blackmore; the tools and weapons came from Europe, Arabia and Africa, and from America (the Squiers Davis collection). The building, with its hammerbeam roof, stained glass windows and painted walls, was designed by John Harding. It stood behind the Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum in St Ann Street, which managed the Blackmore Museum. Its contents were dispersed to other museums in the 1930s and 1960s. When the Salisbury Museum relocated in 1981, the Blackmore Museum building was converted into flats.