Victorian illustration to download showing the Officers’ Cemetery on Cathcart’s Hill, near Sebastopol, during the Crimean War. Two soldiers look at the graves, above which a flag flies; in the background a group of soldiers look through a telescope. Cathcart’s Hill was named after Sir George Cathcart, who was killed at the Battle of Inkerman (1854). His grave is the second from the left. Cathcart’s Hill became the observation point from which commanders could observe the progress of the siege of Sebastopol (October 1854-September 1855).